ICOM IC-SAT100 | Iridium PTT Satellite Network Radio | LAMPRO Barnsley
Please call 01226 361700 to discuss your requirements and pricing.
ICOM & Iridium Satellite PTT Transceiver
The ICOM IC-SAT100 utilises SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk) which is a two-way radio system that uses the Iridium® satellite network. It can be used as a communication tool in remote, isolated areas where there are no mobile phones or landline network infrastructure. Even if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters, SATELLITE PTT can provide a stable back-up, independent from other networks.
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
Wide Area Global Communication
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Real-Time, Low-Latency Communication
Using 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system.
Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
• Secure conversations with AES encryption
• Short Data Message function
• Voice Recording function
• Multiple language display (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
• Built-in Bluetooth®
• Integrated GNSS receiver
• SMA type antenna connector for an external antenna
• AquaQuake™ function clears any water ingress that may penetrate the speaker grill of the unit
• Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices, including Iridium Extreme® PTT*
* Some specific functions may not be compatible. Checking with your local supplier before purchasing is highly recommended.
- Real-Time Communication with the Iridium® LEO (Low Earth Orbit) Satellite Network
- Total Global Coverage, including the Poles
- One-to-Many Communication (Up to 15 Groups)
- Emergency Button
- 1500 mW of Powerful Audio for Noisy Environments
- IP67 Waterproof, MIL-STD 810G, and a Durable Body
- Long Battery Life: 24 Hours (Standby Time), 7 Hours (Talk Time (Approx.)
- Multiple Language Display: (English, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish)
- Built-in Bluetooth® and GPS Receiver
- Priority Interrupt Calling and Short Data Messages
- SMA Type Antenna Connector for an External Antenna
- Weight: 300 g (with BP-300)
- Compatible with Other Iridium® PTT Models, including Iridium Extreme® PTT
- Interoperability with IDAS™ and Analogue Radios through the Optional VE-PG4, RoIP Gateway
Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
Magnet-mount external antenna supplied with 1.5m cable
Charges up to six batteries (with/without transceivers) at the same time. (BC-157S, AC adapter supplied.)
Rapid desktop charger for IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT Radio.
Docking station solution for the IC-SAT100 including AH-40 mag-mounted external antenna and HM-222 speaker microphone.
7.2 V/2200 mAh (min.) 2350 mAh (typ.)
Earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
SMA type antenna for IC-SAT100
Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
Headset (Ear-piece type)
Hands-free operation. Requires VS-1/1L/1SL VOX unit for use.
Earphone with Throat-mic
Alligator style belt clip for the IC-SAT100 Satellite PTT radio
Connection cable for VE-PG4. 5 m, 16.4ft length.
DC Power Cable (for use with BC-121)
Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube that is designed to be hidden behind the ear making it hard to see. This makes it an ideal earphone for security, hotels, restaurants, retail and airports.
Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
Bluetooth headset with earpiece and microphone (comes with PTT switch).
PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
Call 01226 361700 email firstname.lastname@example.org
get in touch via our Online Chat service.